The Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme in Puducherry is a progressive initiative aimed at promoting social harmony and equality within the region. This scheme encourages inter-caste marriages, particularly those involving a spouse from a scheduled caste and another from a non-scheduled caste. The primary objective is to eliminate caste-based discrimination and empower couples to build strong, harmonious families irrespective of their caste backgrounds.
Under this scheme, eligible couples are entitled to receive an incentive of Rs. 2.50 lakhs or an amount determined by state norms. Of this amount, Rs. 1.50 lakhs is disbursed directly to the joint bank account of the couple through RTGS/NEFT, upon submission of a Pre-Stamped receipt on a ten-rupee Non-judicial stamp paper. The remaining sum is securely deposited in a fixed account for a period of three years.
It’s important to note that this incentive is applicable exclusively for the first marriage, and any wrongful identification or certification of beneficiaries will result in severe disciplinary action. Applicants are urged to adhere to the scheme’s guidelines diligently, avoiding the submission of fake documents and ensuring the completeness and accuracy of their application forms.
The Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme in Puducherry stands as a symbol of societal progress, fostering inclusivity and unity, while also providing tangible support to couples embarking on a journey of love transcending caste boundaries.
How to apply for Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Puducherry
- The beneficiary should approach their local Social Welfare Department office for further guidance and information on applying for the incentive.
- Additionally, applicants can inquire at their local panchayat office for application details. To find the respective district portal and contact information, please follow these steps:
- Visit the “About Puducherry” menu.
- Select the “Districts” submenu.
- Click on “Go to District website” under the district name of interest.
- Navigate to “DEPARTMENTS” > “REVENUE” or “DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE AND DISASTER MANAGEMENT” or check the “ABOUT DISTRICT > Who’s Who” menu for contact details.
- For Panchayat contact details, use the provided excel sheet hyperlink related to your state/UT.
- Once you’ve located the appropriate office, consult with the designated authority to understand the application process. You can either collect an application form or prepare the required information on a plain A4 sheet.
- Complete the application form, attach all necessary documents as outlined in the “Required Documents” section (refer to page 4 of the application form), and submit it to the designated authority.
- The authorities will review your application and documents to determine eligibility. If eligible and all documents are in order, your application will be accepted. You will receive an acknowledgment with a record number for future reference.
- The application will then undergo further processing. Updates on your application status will be sent to your mobile via SMS.
- The department authorities will conduct ground-level verification and local inquiries to verify the information provided in your application.
- Based on the verification outcome, the department will forward the proposal, along with recommendations from relevant officials, to the sanctioning body.
- The sanctioning body will evaluate the case and decide whether to approve or reject the incentive application. You will be informed of the decision through an SMS or in accordance with applicable norms.
- If your application is approved, the incentive will be credited to the joint account of the couple in accordance with government norms. Typically, no fees are charged for this procedure.
- The entire process will be completed within the timeline specified by the department’s work schedule and budget allocation.
Eligibility criteria for for Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Puducherry
Here are the eligibility criteria for the scheme:
- The couple must be Indian citizens.
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of the respective state.
- An Inter-caste marriage is defined as one where one spouse belongs to a scheduled caste and the other belongs to a non-scheduled caste.
- The marriage must be legally valid and registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.
- Couples with a valid marriage registration certificate are eligible to apply.
- To qualify for the scheme, the total income of the couple should be less than Rs. 5.0 lakhs or the amount specified by the respective state government.
- Incentives will be provided only to those who apply within one year (in some states, it’s 18 months) of marriage, or as per the timeline set by the respective state.
Required documents for Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Puducherry
Here is a list of documents required for the incentive application:
- Address Proof of the couple:
– PAN Card
– Driving Licence
– Bank Passbook
– Electricity Bill
– Telephone Bill
- Identity Proof of the couple:
– Voter ID
– Aadhaar Card
– Driving Licence
- Inter-caste Marriage Certificate
- Marriage Certificate from a Gazetted Officer to confirm it is the first marriage
- Certificates of Age issued by authorised officers as per authorities’ recommendations
- Certificate of Educational Qualification issued by authorised officers as per authorities’ recommendations
- Caste Certificate of the couple
- Income Certificate
- Marriage Photo
- Marriage Registration Certificate
- Ration Card
- PAN Card of the couple
- Voter ID
- Domicile or Residence Certificate
- An Affidavit from the couple confirming their legal marriage and matrimonial alliance
- Bank Account Passbook
- Passport-size Photographs
- Combined Photo of the husband and wife
- Aadhaar Cards
These documents are necessary for the application process. Please ensure you have them ready when applying for the incentive.
Contact Details for Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Puducherry
1.Adi Dravidar Welfare and Scheduled Tribes Welfare Department,
Kamaraj Salai, Thattanchavady, Puducherry-605009.
- Department of Social Justice and Empowerment.
Room No. 253, A-Wing,
Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi – 110 001.
Frequently asked Questions
- Who is eligible for the Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme in Puducherry?
Couples where one spouse belongs to a scheduled caste and the other belongs to a non-scheduled caste, and the marriage is legally registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, are eligible.
- How much incentive is provided under this scheme?
Eligible couples can receive an incentive of Rs. 2.50 lakhs or an amount as per state norms.
- How is the incentive disbursed to the couple?
An amount of Rs. 1.50 lakhs is transferred directly to the joint bank account of the couple via RTGS/NEFT, upon submission of a Pre-Stamped receipt on a ten-rupee Non-judicial stamp paper. The remaining amount is kept in a fixed deposit for three years.
- Is this scheme applicable for remarriages?
No, this scheme is applicable for the first marriage only.
- What happens if fake documents are submitted during the application process?
Submitting fake documents is strongly discouraged and can result in penalties. It’s important to provide accurate and genuine information.
- Can I apply for the incentive after a year of marriage?
In most cases, applications should be
submitted within one year of marriage. However, in some states, the timeline may extend to 18 months. Applicants should adhere to the timeline set by the respective state.
- How can I ensure the success of my application?
To ensure your application is accepted, make sure it’s complete, accurate, and accompanied by all required documents. Avoid spelling mistakes, and provide truthful information.
- Are non-residents of Puducherry eligible for this scheme?
No, the applicant should be a permanent resident of Puducherry to be eligible for this scheme.