The Inter Caste Marriage Scheme in Daman and Diu is a progressive initiative aimed at promoting social harmony and financial support for couples who choose to break the barriers of caste distinctions through marriage. Under this scheme, eligible couples are entitled to a generous incentive of Rs. 2.50 lakh for their inter-caste marriage. Of this amount, Rs. 1.50 lakh is disbursed directly to the joint account of the couple through RTGS/NEFT upon submission of a Pre-Stamped receipt on a ten-rupee Non-judicial stamp paper. The remaining portion is securely invested in a fixed deposit for a period of 3 years. It’s important to note that this incentive is applicable exclusively for the first marriage, and stringent measures are in place to deter any wrongful identification or submission of fake documents by beneficiaries. This scheme represents a commitment to social equality and empowerment within the region of Daman and Diu.
How to apply for Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Daman and Diu
- Beneficiaries should visit their local Social Welfare Department office in their area.
- Additionally, applicants should inquire at the local panchayat office to apply for the incentive using the provided links and refer to the excel sheet hyperlink for state/UT-specific contact details.
- Consult with the designated authority at the respective office to understand the application procedure.
- Obtain the application form from the provided link on page number 4, or write the application on a plain A4 sheet as advised.
- Complete the application form and attach all necessary documents as outlined in the “Required Documents” section on that page.
- Submit the application to the designated authority for review.
- Authorities will assess the submitted application and documents to determine the couple’s eligibility for the scheme. If eligible and documents are in order, the application will be accepted.
- Record entries about the application, either manually or electronically, and provide the applicant with a reference number for future reference.
- The application will proceed to further processing stages.
- The incentive will be sanctioned based on the details provided in the application, local inquiries, and supporting records.
- Updates on the application status will be sent to the applicant’s mobile via SMS.
- Department authorities will conduct ground-level verification and local inquiries to confirm application details.
- Based on verification results, the department will forward the proposal with recommendations from relevant authorities (district magistrate, district collector, deputy commissioner, or social welfare department) to the sanctioning body.
- The sanctioning body will evaluate the case and make a decision regarding the incentive.
- Applicants will be informed of the approval or rejection status via SMS or in accordance with applicable norms.
- If approved, the incentive will be credited to the couple’s joint account in instalments, following government norms.
- Typically, no fees are charged for this procedure.
- The entire process will be completed based on the department’s work schedule and budget allotment.
Eligibility Criteria for Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Daman and Diu
- Both members of the couple must hold Indian citizenship.
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of the respective state.
- An Inter-caste marriage is defined as one where one spouse belongs to a scheduled caste and the other belongs to a non-scheduled caste.
- The marriage must be valid according to the law and duly registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.
- Couples with a valid marriage registration certificate are eligible to apply.
- To be eligible for this scheme, the combined income of the couple should not exceed Rs. 5.0 lakhs or the amount specified by the respective government.
- Incentives will only be provided to those who apply within one year (in some states, 18 months) of their marriage or as per the timeline set by the respective state.
Required Documents for Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Daman and Diu
1.address proof of the couple (PAN Card /Driving Licence / Bank Passbook / Electricity Bill / Telephone Bill)
2.Identity proof of the couple (Voter ID / Passport / Aadhaar card / Driving licence)
3.Inter caste marriage certificate
4.Marriage certificate from gazetted officer to ensure it is first marriage
5.Certificates of age from the authorised officers as advised by the authorities
6.Certificate of educational qualification from the authorised officers as advised by the authorities
7.Caste certificate of the couple
Marriage registration certificate
11.PAN card of the couple
13.Domicile or residence certificate
14.An affidavit of the couple being legally married and in matrimonial alliance.
15.Bank account pass book
16.Passport size photograph
17.Combined photo of husband and wife
Contact details for Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Daman and Diu
Social Welfare and Women and Child Development,
First Floor Collectorate, Dholar, Moti Daman, Daman, Daman and Diu
Department of Social Justice and Empowerment.
Room No. 253, A-Wing,
Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi – 110 001.
Frequently asked Questions
Q1. How can I apply for the Inter Caste Marriage Scheme in Daman and Diu?
A1. To apply for the scheme, follow these steps:
– Visit the local Social Welfare Department office in Daman and Diu.
– Inquire at the local panchayat office for further guidance and contact details.
– Consult with the designated authority at the respective office to understand the application procedure.
– Collect the application form, which can often be found on page 4 of the scheme’s official documents or write the application on a plain A4 sheet as advised.
– Complete the application form, attach all necessary documents as specified in the “Required Documents” section, and submit it to the designated authority.
Q2. What happens after I submit my application?
A2. After submitting your application, the authorities will review it and the accompanying documents to determine your eligibility for the scheme. If everything is in order and you meet the criteria, your application will be accepted.
Q3. How will I be informed of my application status?
A3. You will receive updates on your application status through SMS notifications on your registered mobile number.
Q4. What is the process for verification and approval of applications?
A4. The department authorities will conduct ground-level verification and local inquiries to clarify application details. Based on the verification outcome, the department will forward the proposal with recommendations from relevant district authorities to the sanctioning body for evaluation and approval.
Q5. How and when will the incentive be provided if my application is approved?
A5. If your application is approved, the incentive will be credited to the joint account of the couple in instalments, following government norms. The exact timeline for disbursement will be in line with the department’s work schedule and budget allocation.
Q6. Is there any fee associated with this application process?
A6. Typically, there are no fees charged for this application procedure.