The Inter Caste Marriage Scheme in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands is a progressive initiative aimed at promoting unity and social harmony. This scheme offers a significant incentive of Rs. 2.50 lakhs for eligible couples who have entered into an inter-caste marriage, where one spouse belongs to a scheduled caste and the other to a non-scheduled caste. The incentive is a token of support for breaking down societal barriers. A substantial portion of this incentive, Rs. 1.50 lakhs, is directly provided to the couple, while the remainder is invested for their future. However, it’s crucial to note that this scheme is applicable for the first marriage only, and applicants must ensure accuracy and authenticity in their submissions to avoid penalties.
- 1 How to apply for Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Andaman and Nicobar Islands
How to apply for Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Beneficiaries should visit their respective Social Welfare Department office in their area.
- For contact details, access the link provided on the page under the “CONTACT US” menu.
- Additionally, applicants should inquire at the local panchayat office to apply for the incentive.
- To find contact details for the panchayat, select “Districts” from the drop-down list on the portal page and choose the relevant option under “ABOUT DISTRICT” or “DIRECTORY” as appropriate.
- Consult with the designated authority at the respective office to understand the application procedure.
- Obtain the application form, available on page number 4 of the provided link, or write the application on a plain A4 sheet as advised.
- Complete the application form and attach all required documents as specified in the “Required Documents” section.
- Submit the application to the designated authority for review.
- Authorities will assess the submitted application and documents to determine the couple’s eligibility for the scheme. If eligible, the application will be accepted.
- Record entries about the application, either manually or electronically, and provide the applicant with a reference number for future use.
- The application will proceed to further processing stages.
- The incentive is sanctioned based on the information provided in the application, local inquiry, and supporting records.
- Applicants will receive updates on their application status via SMS notifications.
- Department authorities will conduct ground-level verification and local inquiries to confirm application details.
- Based on the verification results, the department will forward the proposal with recommendations from relevant district authorities to the sanctioning body.
- The sanctioning body will evaluate the case to approve or reject the incentive.
- Applicants will be notified of the approval or rejection status through SMS or as per applicable norms.
- If approved, the incentive will be credited to the couple’s joint account in accordance with government norms.
- Typically, there are no fees associated with this procedure.
- The entire process will be completed within the department’s timeline and budget allocation.
Eligibility Criteria for Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Both spouses must be Indian citizens.
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of their respective state.
- The marriage is considered Inter-caste if one spouse belongs to a scheduled caste and the other to a non-scheduled caste.
- The marriage must be valid according to the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, and duly registered.
- Couples with a valid marriage registration certificate are eligible to apply.
- To apply for this scheme, the total income of the couple should be less than Rs. 5.0 lakhs or the amount set by the respective government.
- Incentives are provided only to those who apply within one year (or 18 months in some states) of their marriage, as per the timeline set by the respective state.
Required documents to Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Andaman and Nicobar Islands
1.Address proof of the couple (PAN Card /Driving Licence / Bank Passbook / Electricity Bill / Telephone Bill)
2.Identity proof of the couple (Voter ID / Passport / Aadhaar card / Driving licence)
3.Inter caste marriage certificate
4.Marriage certificate from gazetted officer to ensure it is first marriage
5.Certificates of age from authorised officers as advised by the authorities
6.Certificate of educational qualification from the authorised officers as advised by the authorities
7.Caste certificate of the couple
10.Marriage registration certificate
12.PAN card of the couple
14.Domicile or residence certificate
15.An affidavit of the couple being legally married and in matrimonial alliance.
16.Bank account pass book
17.Passport size photograph
18.Combined photo of husband and wife
Contact details for Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Directorate of Social Welfare Andaman and Nicobar Administration’,
Golghar, Port Blair, South Andaman (Dt.)
Andaman and Nicobar Islands – 744101.
Fax: 03192 233605
Contact Link please click on the “CONTACT US” menu for the contact details.
‘Department of Social Justice and Empowerment’.
Room No. 253, A-Wing,
Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi – 110 001.
Frequently asked Questions
1.Who is eligible for the Inter Caste Marriage Scheme in Andaman and Nicobar Islands?
Eligibility criteria include both spouses being Indian citizens, with one belonging to a scheduled caste and the other to a non-scheduled caste. The marriage should be legally valid under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, and registered in the respective state.
- How much incentive is provided under this scheme?
The scheme offers an incentive of Rs. 2.50 lakhs per marriage. Of this, Rs. 1.50 lakhs is directly disbursed to the couple, while the remaining amount is kept in a fixed deposit for 3 years.
- Is this incentive applicable for subsequent marriages?
No, the incentive is applicable for the first marriage only.
- What documents are required to apply for this scheme?
Applicants typically need to provide documents like their marriage registration certificate, income proof, and other relevant identification documents.
- What is the deadline for applying for this scheme after marriage?
Applicants must usually apply within one year of their marriage (or 18 months in some states) or as per the timeline set by the respective state government.
6.Are there penalties for providing false information or fake documents?
Yes, applicants will face penalties if any information provided is found to be false or incorrect.
- How can I apply for the Inter Caste Marriage Scheme in Andaman and Nicobar Islands?
Detailed application procedures and forms are typically available through the official government channels and local authorities.