Introducing the Inter Caste Marriage Scheme in Mizoram, this initiative aims to promote social inclusivity and equality. Under this scheme, eligible couples who meet the criteria can receive a financial incentive of Rs. 2.50 lakh (or the amount specified by state norms) for their inter-caste marriage. Of this incentive, Rs. 1.50 lakh will be directly credited to the joint account of the couple through RTGS/NEFT upon submission of a pre-stamped receipt on a ten-rupee non-judicial stamp paper. The remaining amount will be securely held in a fixed deposit for a period of three years. It’s important to note that this incentive is applicable for the first marriage only. Any fraudulent attempts, including submitting fake documents or incomplete applications, will result in rejection and potential penalties. The scheme emphasises the accuracy of information provided during the application process. In a commitment to ensuring the integrity of this initiative, any wrongful identification or certification of beneficiaries will be met with severe disciplinary action. This scheme serves as a progressive step towards fostering inclusivity and support for inter-caste marriages in Mizoram.
How to Apply for Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Mizoram
To apply for an inter-caste marriage certificate, follow these steps:
- Visit your nearest office of the deputy commissioner, tahsildar, or the designated appropriate authority for your area.
- On the page, select the “DLAOS” menu and choose your respective district for contact information. For Panchayat contact details, select the hyperlink corresponding to your state.
- Consult with the designated authority to understand the application procedure.
- Based on their guidance and the availability of the service, obtain the application form or write the required information on a plain A4 sheet as instructed.
- Fill out the application form completely.
- Attach all the necessary documents as specified in the “Required Documents” section and submit them to the designated authority.
- The authorities will review your application and documents. If everything is in order, they will accept the application along with any applicable fees.
- Your application details will be recorded manually or electronically in the system. You will receive a record number as an acknowledgment for future reference.
- You will be informed of the estimated date when you can expect to receive the certificate.
- The application will undergo further processing. Authorities will verify your details and the submitted documents.
- The certificate will be issued based on the information provided in the application, local inquiry, and supporting records.
- You will receive updates on your application status via SMS.
- If your application is approved, the certificate will be hand-delivered, sent by post to the address provided during the application, or issued according to applicable norms.
Eligibility Criteria of Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Mizoram
- Both individuals in the couple must be Indian citizens.
- The applicant should have permanent residency in the respective state.
- The marriage qualifies as an inter-caste marriage if one spouse belongs to a scheduled caste and the other to a non-scheduled caste.
- The marriage must be legally valid and registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.
- Couples with a valid marriage registration certificate are eligible to apply.
- To apply for this scheme, the total annual income of the couple should not exceed Rs. 5.0 lakhs or the amount specified by the respective government.
- Incentives will be provided only to those who apply within one year (or 18 months in some states) of their marriage or as per the timeline set by the respective state.
Required Documents for Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Mizoram
2 Marriage registration certificate
3.Permanent community certificate of the groom
4.Permanent community certificate of the bride
5.Address proof of current residing address which should be on bride or groom’s name (Proof of Address- Voter ID/ Ration Card/ Passport/ Driving License).
6.Identity proof of bride and groom (Voter ID / Passport / Aadhaar card / Driving licence)
7.Resident/Domicile certificate as per requirement
9.Ration card of bride or groom as per the applying area
10.Separate marriage affidavits (notarized) in prescribed format from husband and wife
11.Combined photo of husband and wife
12.passport size photographs as per requirement
Contact Details for Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Mizoram
Treasury Square, Aizawl,
Mizoram – 796001
Phone : 0389 232 9202,
Frequently asked Questions
Q1: Who is eligible to apply for the Inter Caste Marriage Scheme in Mizoram?
Answer: Couples are eligible if one spouse belongs to a scheduled caste and the other to a non-scheduled caste. They must be Indian citizens, permanent residents of Mizoram, and have a valid marriage registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.
Q2: What is the incentive amount provided under this scheme?
Answer: Eligible couples can receive an incentive of Rs. 2.50 lakh (or the amount specified by state norms) for their inter-caste marriage.
Q3: How is the incentive disbursed to the beneficiaries?
Answer: A sum of Rs. 1.50 lakh will be transferred directly to the joint account of the couple through RTGS/NEFT upon submission of a pre-stamped receipt on a ten-rupee non-judicial stamp paper. The remaining amount will be kept in a fixed deposit for three years.
Q4: Can this incentive be available for subsequent marriages?
Answer: No, this incentive is applicable for the first marriage only.
Q5: What happens if someone submits fake documents or provides false information?
Answer: Submitting fake documents or providing incorrect information will result in penalties, and the application may be rejected.
Q6: Is there a time limit for applying under this scheme?
Answer: Yes, applicants should apply within one year (or 18 months in some states) of their marriage or as per the timeline set by the respective state.
Q7: What measures are in place to prevent wrongful identification or certification of beneficiaries?
Answer: Any wrongful identification or certification of beneficiaries will attract severe disciplinary action against the concerned parties.
Q8: Can incomplete applications be accepted?
Answer: No, incomplete applications are likely to be rejected, so it’s crucial to ensure all required information and documents are provided accurately.
Q9: Is there an income limit to be eligible for this scheme?
Answer: Yes, the total annual income of the couple should not exceed Rs. 5.0 lakhs or the amount specified by the respective government.
Q10: Where can I get more information and the application form for the Inter Caste Marriage Scheme in Mizoram?
Answer:You can obtain detailed information and the application form from the designated authorities responsible for implementing the scheme in Mizoram.