In a significant stride towards promoting social harmony and equality, the Inter Caste Marriage Scheme in Tripura stands as a beacon of change. This visionary initiative seeks to empower couples who bridge the divides of caste in their unions, fostering a society that embraces diversity and unity. With a generous incentive of Rs. 2.50 lakhs (or the amount stipulated by state norms) per marriage, this scheme extends a helping hand to those who dare to break the barriers of tradition.
Under this scheme, a substantial portion of the incentive, Rs. 1.50 lakhs, is disbursed directly to the joint account of the couple via RTGS/NEFT. This transaction is facilitated upon the submission of a Pre-Stamped receipt, duly notarized on a ten-rupee Non-judicial stamp paper. The remaining amount is securely invested in a fixed deposit for a period of three years, ensuring long-term financial stability.
It is important to note that this incentive is exclusively applicable to the first marriage, emphasising the significance of promoting inter-caste unions as a catalyst for change. However, with great opportunity comes great responsibility. The scheme underscores the importance of integrity, warning against wrongful identification and certification of beneficiaries. Stringent disciplinary actions await those who misuse the program.
How to apply for Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Tripura
- The beneficiary should visit their local Social Welfare Department office.
- Additionally, official website for more information.
- Enquired at the local panchayat office to apply for the incentive under the Department of Municipal Affairs and Tripura Municipalities.
- Select the respective district from the “Districts” menu dropdown.
- Navigate to the “DIRECTORY” > “PUBLIC UTILITIES” > “Municipalities” for contact details.
- Use the provided Excel sheet hyperlink for Panchayat contact details.
- Consult with the designated authority at the respective office to understand the application procedure.
- Obtain the application form or prepare one on a plain A4 sheet as instructed.
- Refer to page number 4 for the application form link.
- Complete the application form and attach all required documents as specified in the “Required Documents” section.
- Submit the application and documents to the designated authority.
- Authorities will review the application and documents for eligibility.
- If eligible, the application will be accepted, and a record number will be provided as acknowledgment.
- The application will then be processed further.
- Incentive approval is based on application details, local inquiry, and records.
- SMS updates on the application status will be sent to the applicant’s mobile.
- Ground-level verification and local inquiry will be conducted by department authorities.
- Based on verification outcomes, the department will forward the proposal to the sanctioning body with recommendations.
- The sanctioning body will evaluate and decide on the incentive.
- The applicant will be informed of the approval or rejection status through SMS or applicable norms.
- If approved, the incentive will be credited to the joint account of the couple in instalments, following government norms.
- Generally, there is no fee charged for this procedure.
- The timeline for the process depends on the department’s work schedule and budget allocation.
Eligibility Criteria for Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Tripura
- The couple must be Indian citizens.
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of the respective state.
- The marriage is considered an Inter-caste marriage if one spouse belongs to a scheduled caste and the other to a Non-scheduled caste.
- The marriage must be legally valid and registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.
- Couples with a valid marriage registration certificate are eligible to apply.
- To qualify for this scheme, the combined income of the couple should not exceed Rs. 5.0 lakhs or the amount specified by the respective government.
- Incentives will be provided only to those who apply within one year (or 18 months in some states) of their marriage, or according to the timeline set by the respective state.
Required Documents for Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Tripura
1.Address proof of the couple (PAN Card /Driving Licence / Bank Passbook / Electricity Bill / Telephone Bill)
2.Identity proof of the couple (Voter ID / Passport / Aadhaar card / Driving licence)
3.Inter caste marriage certificate
4.Marriage certificate from gazetted officer to ensure it is first marriage
5.Certificates of age from the authorised officers as advised by the authorities
6.Certificate of educational qualification from the authorised officers as advised by the authorities
7.Caste certificate of the couple
10.Marriage registration certificate
12.PAN card of the couple
14.Domicile or residence certificate
15.An affidavit of the couple being legally married and in matrimonial alliance.
16.Bank account pass book
17.Passport size photograph
18.Combined photo of husband and wife
Contact details for Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Tripura
1.Tribal Welfare Department,
Government of Tripura,
Gurkhabasti, P. N. Complex, Agartala,
West Tripura, Pin-799006.
2.Department of Social Justice and Empowerment.
Room No. 253, A-Wing,
Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi – 110 001.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Inter Caste Marriage Scheme in Tripura?
The Inter Caste Marriage Scheme in Tripura is a government initiative aimed at supporting couples who enter into inter-caste marriages. It provides financial incentives and assistance to promote social harmony and equality.
- Who is eligible to apply for this scheme?
Indian citizens who are permanent residents of Tripura and have entered into a legally valid inter-caste marriage registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, are eligible to apply.
- What is the incentive amount provided under this scheme?
The incentive amount is Rs. 2.50 lakhs (or as per state norms) per marriage.
- How is the incentive disbursed to eligible couples?
An amount of Rs. 1.50 lakhs is released through RTGS/NEFT to the joint account of the couple upon submission of a Pre-Stamped receipt on a ten-rupee Non-judicial stamp paper. The remaining amount is placed in a fixed deposit for a period of three years.
- Is this incentive applicable for subsequent marriages?
No, this incentive is applicable for the first marriage only.
- What happens if someone provides false information or documents during the application process?
Providing false information or documents is strictly prohibited and may result in penalties. Applicants are advised to provide accurate and truthful information.
- Can incomplete applications be considered for this scheme?
No, incomplete applications will be rejected. It’s crucial to ensure that all required documents and information are complete and accurate.
- Is there a time limit for applying after marriage?
To be eligible, couples must apply within one year (or 18 months in some states) of their marriage, or as per the timeline set by the respective state.
- How can I apply for the Inter Caste Marriage Scheme in Tripura?
Applicants should approach their respective Social Welfare Department office and follow the application procedure outlined by the authorities.
- Are there any fees associated with this application process?
Generally, there are no fees charged for applying for this scheme.