In the year 2016, the Mukhya Mantri Samajik Samrasta Antarjatiya Vivah Shagun Yojana was launched by the welfare department of the Haryana Government, specifically for the Scheduled Caste and Backward Classes. The main aim of this scheme is to foster communal harmony and promote inter-caste marriages within the state. Under this program, the government extends monetary support to couples who have entered into inter-caste marriages. This article provides a comprehensive overview of the aforementioned scheme.
Under the Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme of Haryana, if a couple in Haryana consists of one person belonging to a Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe and the other person belongs to the General category, then the government provides them with a monetary reward of ₹2,50000. The monetary reward given by the government is deposited in a joint account held by the couple. The couple can withdraw this incentive amount after 3 years of marriage.
- 1 What is Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme Haryana?
- 1.1 Why is the Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme Important?
- 1.2 Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme Haryana: An Overview
- 1.3 Benefits & Features of inter-Caste Marriage Scheme Haryana
- 1.4 Eligibility Criteria for Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme Haryana
- 1.5 Required Documents for Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme Haryana
- 1.6 How to Apply for Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme Haryana
- 1.7 Links to Apply for Information Related Inter-Caste Marriage Haryana
- 1.8 Contact Details for Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme Haryana
What is Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme Haryana?
The chief aim of Haryana Inter Caste Marriage Yojana is to eliminate the growing divide between the upper-caste and Dalit communities in society and put an end to the deep-rooted sentiments of caste-based discrimination prevalent in the society. The main objective of this scheme is to eradicate the discrimination faced by individuals based on their caste within the framework of this program. It aims to integrate the Scheduled Castes and Tribes into the mainstream of society and provide a financial incentive of INR 250,000 to encourage inter-caste marriages among the youth under the Haryana Inter Caste Marriage Yojana.
This financial incentive is provided to the married couples for their economic and social well-being and to enrich their married lives so that they do not have to face any problems in the future. The amount provided under this scheme can be withdrawn by the couple after three years of marriage. The Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme in Haryana encourages the youth who take bold steps against the prevailing social evils by providing them with financial support.
Why is the Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme Important?
The importance of the Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme lies in its ability to break down caste divisions and encourage unity within society. By embracing inter-caste marriages, the scheme effectively reduces prejudice and marginalisation faced by the SC and ST communities. Furthermore, these unions promote inclusivity and acceptance, fostering an environment that values diversity and promotes tolerance among all groups. In addition, inter-caste marriages improve the social and economic status of the SC and ST communities by providing them with increased opportunities and resources through their spouses. Moreover, these marital bonds contribute to the integration and unification of India by cultivating a shared sense of identity and solidarity among different societal segments.
Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme Haryana: An Overview
Mukhya Mantri Samajik Samrasta Antarjatiya Vivah Shagun Yojana
Also known as
Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme Haryana
Social Justice and Empowerment Department
Encouraging inter-caste marriages and removing the wrong mentality spread in the society
SC/ST willing to marry outside caste
Benefits & Features of inter-Caste Marriage Scheme Haryana
The Inter-caste Marriage Scheme of Haryana is a commendable initiative taken by the Haryana government to provide a better future to society. Through this scheme, couples who choose inter-caste marriages will receive several benefits:
– Under the Inter-caste Marriage Scheme of Haryana, the state government provides a monetary grant to all inter-caste couples in the region.
– It will help eliminate discrimination prevailing in society.
– Through this scheme, a grant of two hundred and fifty thousand rupees is provided to inter-caste couples, enabling them to receive financial assistance for their future.
– The scheme will encourage inter-caste marriages and to some extent challenge orthodox thinking.
– All couples who choose inter-caste marriages will not only receive financial assistance but also obtain social security in society.
– Many individuals who wish to pursue inter-caste marriages will be able to avail themselves of financial assistance through the Haryana Inter-caste Marriage Scheme.
– The Inter-caste Marriage Scheme offers various economic and social security benefits to inter-caste couples at regular intervals.
Eligibility Criteria for Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme Haryana
- The applicant should be a native resident of the state of Haryana.
- The couple getting married, meaning the groom and the bride, should be getting married for the first time. If either the young man or the young woman has been previously married, they will not be eligible for this.
- For the intercaste marriage scheme, the marriage of the couple benefiting from it must be registered under the Hindu Marriage Act of 1955.
- Speaking of age limit, in the couple getting married, the girl should be 18 years or older and the boy should be 21 years or older.
- Those getting married for the second time will not be considered eligible for this.
- In the married couple, one of them, either the boy or the girl, must be from the general caste (other than the scheduled caste) and the other must be from the scheduled caste/tribe in order to avail the benefits of this scheme.
- If you want to register yourself in the scheme, you must have a marriage registration certificate.
- In the case of newlywed couples who have already received any form of financial assistance from the state or central government, in such a situation, the financial amount will be reduced to 2,50000 rupees for those couples.
Required Documents for Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme Haryana
In order to access these advantages, prospective applicants must provide the specified documents.
- For those who have had a civil marriage, the marriage certificate will be issued by the District Magistrate (Civil marriage). Alternatively, the registered certificate can be obtained from the Tehsil rate or Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM).
- A joint bank account statement is required for inter-caste married couples.
- Both individuals must provide their caste certificates.
- Proof of domicile is also necessary for the couples.
- Lastly, a joint photograph of the inter-caste married couples should be submitted.
How to Apply for Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme Haryana
- To register for the Inter-caste Marriage Scheme, the first step is to visit the official website of the Haryana Government’s Saras Haryana portal, saralharyana.gov.in. (Click on the link for the registration process on the portal)
- As soon as you go to the portal, the homepage of this website will open in front of you.
- You will see the option of “Sign In here” on this homepage. Click on the option “New User Register here” below it.
- As soon as you click on New User Register here, a new window will open.
- Here, you have to enter your name, email ID, mobile number, and the name of your state, and create a password.
- Once you have done all this, you have to enter the CAPTCHA code and click on the submit button.
- After submitting, you will receive a One-Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number or email ID.
- Now, you have to enter this OTP in the box and verify your registration.
- Once it is verified, your Saral ID will be created here and you can now log in with its help.
- To log in, you need to go back to the homepage and log in with your ID and password.
- In this way, you can apply for the Haryana Inter-caste Marriage Scheme from here.
- Upon completing your registration on the portal, once you log in, you will see the option to apply for the service displayed on the left side of the screen. You must click on it.
- As soon as you click on it, the option for viewing all available services will appear in front of you. Upon clicking, the entire list of schemes will be revealed.
- Now, type “Inter caste marriage Haryana” here and click on the search option.
- A new screen will open in front of you where you will need to enter your family ID.
- If you have forgotten your family ID, then you need to click on the option for “I forgot my family ID”.
- From here, you can recover your family ID.
- After entering the family ID, you need to click on “Fetch Family Data” and if there is a record match, you can proceed with the further process.
- After that, you need to enter the member details in the dropdown and click on “Send OTP” or the one-time password.
- Once the verification process is complete, the application form will appear in front of you.
- You must fill in all the requested information accurately in this application form.
- Now, you need to attach all the necessary documents for the application and then submit it.
- After submitting, the process for applying for the Haryana inter-caste marriage grant will be completed.
Links to Apply for Information Related Inter-Caste Marriage Haryana
Contact Details for Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme Haryana
The Director General
Social Justice and Empowerment
SCO 20-27, Jeevandeep Building, 3rd floor, Sector 17-A, Chandigarh
Phone/Helpline No.: 0172-2715090
Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes
Bays No. 53-54, Kalyan Bhawan, Sector – 2,
Email: dbc haryana[at]gmail[dot]com
Tel: 0172-2564006 , 2567009
Atrocity Helpline No.- 0172-2561250 for 24 hours (only Atrocity call)
FAQs Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme Haryana
1)What is the inter-caste marriage scheme in Haryana?
The inter-caste marriage scheme in Haryana is a program initiated by the state government, under which couples who marry inter-caste are provided with a financial reward of two and a half lakh rupees. To avail the benefits under this scheme, it is necessary for the couples to register their marriage in the court.
2) Can people from other states benefit from the inter-caste marriage scheme in Haryana?
To avail the benefits under this scheme, it is necessary for the couples to be residents of Haryana. All eligible individuals, regardless of their caste, can benefit from this scheme if they come to Haryana and marry inter-caste.
3) What is the age limit for couples getting married under the inter-caste marriage scheme in Haryana?
For couples getting married under the inter-caste marriage scheme in Haryana, the age of the groom should be at least 21 years or more, and the age of the bride should be 18 years or more. Additionally, both the groom and the bride should be residents of Haryana.
4) Who can benefit from the inter-caste marriage scheme in Haryana?
The inter-caste marriage scheme in Haryana benefits residents of Haryana who have married inter-caste. To be eligible for the scheme, the age of the groom should be more than 21 years and the age of the bride should be 18 years or above. The couple should be getting married for the first time, and the marriage should be registered under the Hindu Marriage Act 1955.
5) What documents are required under the inter-caste marriage scheme in Haryana?
To avail the benefits under this scheme, you will need to provide a caste certificate, a self-declaration affidavit stating that it is your first marriage, and a proof of marriage registration, along with other important documents as mentioned in the article.
6) How much financial reward can be obtained under the inter-caste marriage scheme in Haryana?
Couples getting married under the inter-caste marriage scheme in Haryana are eligible for a financial reward of two and a half lakh rupees as an incentive provided by the state government.
7) How to apply for the inter-caste marriage scheme in Haryana?
To apply for the inter-caste marriage scheme in Haryana, you will first need to register on the registration portal. Once you have registered, you will need to log in using your login ID. After that, you will have to fill out the application form for this scheme. The step-by-step process of how to apply is detailed in the article, and readers are requested to read it in its entirety.