In the culturally diverse and enchanting land of Arunachal Pradesh, the institution of inter-caste marriage takes center stage as a remarkable testament to unity in diversity. This northeastern state, known for its breathtaking landscapes and rich indigenous heritage, celebrates the fusion of hearts that transcend caste boundaries. In this blog, we delve into the heartwarming stories, legal aspects, and societal perspectives surrounding inter-caste marriages in Arunachal Pradesh. Explore the unique tapestry of love and togetherness that defies traditional constraints and discover how this beautiful region is embracing a harmonious future through inter-caste unions.
How to apply for Inter Caste Marriage Arunachal Pradesh
- To apply for the incentive, beneficiaries should follow these steps:
– Visit the local Social Justice and Empowerment and Tribal Affairs office.
– Use the contact details provided under “Office Locations & Contacts” to find the correct office.
– Additionally, inquire at the local panchayat office to apply for the incentive.
– Select the respective district hyperlink in the district portal.
– In the district portal, choose “ABOUT DISTRICT > ADMINISTRATIVE SETUP > Wards and Panchayats” or “DIRECTORY > PUBLIC UTILITIES > Municipalities” for contact information.
– For Panchayat contact details, use the excel sheet hyperlink corresponding to your state/UT.
- Consult with the designated authority at the respective office to understand the application procedure. You can either collect the application form or write the required information on a plain A4 sheet as advised.
- Complete the form, attach all the necessary documents listed in the “Required Documents” section, and submit them to the designated authority.
- The authorities will review the submitted application and documents to ensure that the couple meets the eligibility criteria. If eligible and all documents are in order, the application will be accepted.
- Your application will be recorded either manually or electronically, and you will receive a record number as acknowledgment for future reference.
- The application will then proceed for further processing.
- The incentive will be sanctioned based on the details provided in the application, local inquiry, and supporting records.
- You will receive “SMS” updates on the application status sent to your mobile phone.
- Department authorities will conduct ground-level verification to clarify application details and local inquiries to verify the facts.
- Based on the verification outcome, the department will forward the proposal with recommendations from the concerned district authorities (magistrate, collector, deputy commissioner, social welfare department of the state/UT) to the sanctioning body.
- The sanctioning body will evaluate the case and decide whether to approve or reject the application. You will be notified of the status, whether it’s approved or rejected, through an “SMS” or in accordance with applicable norms.
- If approved, the incentive will be credited to the joint account of the couple in installments as per government norms.
- Typically, there is no fee associated with this procedure.
- The entire process will be completed according to the department’s work schedule and based on the allocated budget.
Eligibility criteria for Inter Caste Marriage Arunachal Pradesh
Eligibility criteria for this scheme are as follows:
– The couple must be Indian citizens.
– The applicant should be a permanent resident of their respective state.
– An inter-caste marriage is defined as one where one spouse belongs to a scheduled caste and the other belongs to a non-scheduled caste.
– The marriage should be legally valid and duly registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.
– Couples with a marriage registration certificate are eligible to apply.
– To qualify for this scheme, the total income of the couple should not exceed Rs. 5.0 lakhs or the amount set by the respective state government.
– Incentives will be provided to those who apply within a year (or 18 months in some states) of their marriage or as per the timeline specified by the respective state.
Required Documents for Inter Caste Marriage Arunachal Pradesh
The required documents for the application include:
– PAN Card
– Driving Licence
– Bank Passbook
– Electricity Bill
– Telephone Bill
– Voter ID
– Aadhaar card
– Driving Licence
– Inter-caste marriage certificate
– Marriage certificate from a gazetted officer (to verify it’s the first marriage)
– Certificates of age from authorized officers as advised
– Certificate of educational qualification from authorized officers as advised
– Caste certificate of the couple
– Income certificate
– Marriage photo
– Marriage registration certificate
– Ration card
– PAN card of the couple
– Voter ID
– Domicile or residence certificate
– An affidavit confirming the legal marriage
– Bank account passbook
– Passport size photographs
– Combined photo of the husband and wife
– Aadhaar card
Contact details for Inter Caste Marriage Arunachal Pradesh
Director of Social Justice and Empowerment and Tribal Affairs,
E Sector, Papum Pare, NH52A, Itanagar Road, Naharlagun,
Naharlagun, Arunachal Pradesh 791110.
Fax: +91-(360)-2291556, Email: email@example.com
Department of Social Justice and Empowerment
Room No. 253, A-Wing,
Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi – 110 001.
Frequently asked Questions
Q1: What is the rule of inter-caste marriage?
A1: The Supreme Court of India has affirmed that inter-caste marriages are of national interest and serve as a unifying factor for the nation. Importantly, in independent India, there has never been any prohibition on inter-caste or inter-religion marriages.
Q2: Can a Brahmin girl marry a non Brahmin boy?
A2: Yes, she has the legal right to do so. While there might be challenges like parental opposition, discouragement, or lack of family support, if the couple is determined, they can proceed with their marriage without legal impediments.