A birth certificate is a legally binding document that lists the time and location of a person’s birth. One of the most crucial records for proving one’s identity, citizenship, and nationality. A birth certificate is often referred to in Assam as an Assam Janam Praman Patra. In accordance with the Registration of Births and Deaths Act of 1969, it is issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths.
When applying for a passport, voter ID card, Aadhaar card, driving license, PAN card, or enrolling in schools, universities, or other institutions, among other things, a birth certificate is a necessary document. Additionally, it enables you to take advantage of the numerous government schemes and perks, including health insurance, pensions, and other advantages like scholarships. As soon as possible after the kid is born, every Assamese citizen who is a parent should obtain an Assam Janam Praman Patra, also known as a birth certificate.
- 1 Why Assam Birth Certificate is Important?
- 2 Eligibility Criteria for Assam Birth Certificate
- 3 Necessary Documents for Assam Janam Praman Patra
- 4 How to Apply for Assam Janam Praman Patra?
- 4.1 First Step
- 4.2 Second Step
- 4.3 Contact Details & Important Links for Assam Janam Praman Patra
- 4.4 FAQs for Assam Janam Praman Patra
- 4.4.1 What is Assam Birth Certificate?
- 4.4.2 How to apply for Assam Birth Certificate?
- 4.4.3 Documents Required for Assam Janam Praman Patra?
- 4.4.4 What are the fees and payment modes for Assam Janam Praman Patra?
- 4.4.5 What are the timelines for obtaining Assam Birth Certificate?
- 4.4.6 Whom to contact for any queries regarding Assam Janam Praman Patra?
- 4.4.7 Final Words (Conclusion)
Why Assam Birth Certificate is Important?
This certificate is an important document that details the time and place of birth. Anyone who wishes to use the advantages and services provided by the Indian government to its residents must have them. In this post, we’ll go over the significance of obtaining an Assam birth certificate, also known as an Assam Janam Praman Patra, as well as the online and offline application processes.
Benefits of Having a Birth Certificate in Assam
The certificate serves many purposes, such as:
- Birth certificates serve as evidence of a person’s identity and nationality, which is necessary in order to get additional identification papers like an Aadhaar card, PAN card, passport, driving license, etc.
- A birth certificate can be used to claim a variety of rights and benefits, including the right to vote, the right to an education, the right to health care, and the right to an inheritance and property, among others.
- A birth certificate gives you access to the government’s many social welfare schemes and subsidies, including ration cards, pensions, and other benefits like scholarships.
- Preventing child exploitation: A birth certificate helps to prevent child exploitation and abuse, such as child labor, child marriage, child trafficking, etc. by verifying the age of the child.
A birth certificate is a crucial document that proves one’s identity and nationality and helps one to access various rights and benefits offered by the government. Therefore, it is important to get an Assam Birth Certificate as soon as possible after the birth of a child. One can apply for it online or offline through a simple and hassle-free process. Don’t delay and get your birth certificate today!
Rules for Eligibility and Necessary Documents for Assam Birth Certificate
Janam Praman Patra is a legal document that certifies the date and place of birth of a person. It is required for various purposes, such as applying for other identity documents, claiming rights and benefits, accessing social welfare schemes, and preventing child exploitation. In this article, we will discuss the eligibility and necessary documents for obtaining an Assam Janam Praman Patra, and how to submit them online or offline.
Eligibility Criteria for Assam Birth Certificate
According to the Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969 and the Assam Registration of Births and Deaths Rules, 1999, every birth has to be reported and registered within 21 days of its occurrence at the place of its occurrence in the prescribed reporting forms. The following are the eligibility criteria for applying for an Assam Janam Praman Patra:
- Born in Assam.
- Having a certificate of birth issued from a hospital or nursing home where the birth took place.
- Goanburah certificate (a certificate issued by the village headman) as proof of residence.
- The person whose birth is to be registered must have any other document if applicable, such as an adoption deed, court order, etc.
Necessary Documents for Assam Janam Praman Patra
The following are the necessary documents that need to be submitted along with the application form for an Assam Birth Certificate:
- Application form duly filled and signed by the applicant.
- Certificate of birth issued from the hospital or nursing home where the birth took place (mandatory).
- Goanburah certificate as proof of residence (mandatory).
- Any other document if applicable, such as an adoption deed, court order, etc.
The application fee for online submission is Rs. 30 for the processing fee, Rs. 10 for the printing fee per page, and Rs. 5 for the scanning fee. Also, the application fee for offline submission is Rs. 5 for the processing fee and Rs. 10 for the printing fee per page.
How to Apply for Assam Janam Praman Patra?
A birth certificate is an important document that records the date and place of birth of a person. It is essential for various purposes such as obtaining a passport, voter ID card, Aadhaar card, etc. In Assam, the birth certificate is also known as Assam Janam Praman Patra. If you want to apply for this document, you need to follow these steps:
Register the birth of your child within 21 days of the delivery at the nearest Registrar of Births and Deaths office. You can do this online or offline. For online registration, you need to visit the official website of Assam e-District (https://edistrict.assam.gov.in/) and fill up the application form with the required details. For offline registration, you need to visit the office and submit the application form along with supporting documents such as proof of birth, proof of identity, and address of parents, etc.
Prescribed fee for the birth certificate. The fee varies depending on the mode of registration and the time of application. For online registration, you can pay through net banking, debit card, credit card, or UPI. For offline registration, you can pay by cash or demand a draft. The fee structure is as follows:
|Mode of Registration||Time of Application||Fee|
|Online||Within 21 days of birth||Rs. 10|
|Online||After 21 days but within 30 days of birth||Rs. 15|
|Online||After 30 days but within one year of birth||Rs. 25|
|Online||After one year of birth||Rs. 50|
|Offline||Within 21 days of birth||Rs. 5|
|Offline||After 21 days but within 30 days of birth||Rs. 10|
|Offline||After 30 days but within one year of birth||Rs. 20|
|Offline||After one year of birth||Rs. 40|
Collect your Assam Birth Certificate from the office where you registered the birth or from the designated CSC (Common Service Centre). You can also download it online from the Assam e-District portal by entering your application number and date of birth. By following these simple steps, you can easily obtain your Assam Janam Praman Patra and enjoy its benefits.
Contact Details & Important Links for Assam Janam Praman Patra
If you have any queries or issues regarding the application or issuance of an Assam Birth Certificate, you can contact the following authorities:
- The Registrar of Births and Deaths of your district or sub-district. You can find the contact details of the registrars on this website: https://nrhmassam.info/birth_death_registrar.php
- The Directorate of Health Services, Government of Assam. You can call them at 0361-2237268 or email them at email@example.com. You can also visit their website: https://dhs.assam.gov.in/
- The Assam e-District portal. You can call their helpline number at 1800-345-1100 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit their website: https://edistrict.assam.gov.in/
We hope that this article has provided you with all the information you need to apply for and obtain your Assam Birth Certificate.
FAQs for Assam Janam Praman Patra
Check out these frequently asked questions related to Assam Birth Certificate:
What is Assam Birth Certificate?
Assam Janam Praman Patra is the most important identity document that makes it possible for anyone in possession of it to benefit from a gamut of services offered by the Indian Government to its citizens. It serves to establish the date and fact of one’s birth for a whole range of purposes, like acquiring the right to vote, admission to schools and to the Government Service, claiming the right to marry at the legally permissible age, settlement of inheritance and property rights, and obtaining Government-issued identity documents like a driving license or passport.
How to apply for Assam Birth Certificate?
A birth has to be registered within 21 days of its occurrence in the prescribed reporting forms. The applicant can apply for the certificate at the receipt counter of the Public Facilitation Centre, Deputy Commissioner’s Office. The operator accepts the application and gives a computer-generated receipt of the application. A printout of the certificate is taken, based on the data from the application. The certificate, along with the document, is sent to the concerned officer, and upon approval of the officer through a signature, the certificate is sent back to the receipt counter to be issued to the applicant. Alternatively, one can also apply online through the official website of the Assam Government.
Documents Required for Assam Janam Praman Patra?
The following documents are required for Assam Birth Certificate:
- Scan a copy of the application form
- Certificate of birth issued from Hospital / Nursing home (Mandatory)
- Goanburah certificate (Mandatory)
- Any other document1
What are the fees and payment modes for Assam Janam Praman Patra?
The fees for Assam Birth Certificate are as follows:
- Online: Rs 30 Processing Fee, Rs. 10 Printing Fee per page, Rs. 5 Scanning fee1
- Offline: As per the rates fixed by the respective local bodies3
The payment mode for online applications is through debit card/credit card/net banking. For offline applications, one can pay by cash or demand draft.
What are the timelines for obtaining Assam Birth Certificate?
The due date for submission of the application is within 21 days from the date of birth. The time for processing (approximate) is 10 days1. However, in case of delay or non-registration of birth beyond 21 days, one has to obtain a non-objection certificate (NOC), which is issued when a Birth Certificate has not been obtained for more than one year after the birth3.
Whom to contact for any queries regarding Assam Janam Praman Patra?
For any queries regarding Assam Birth Certificate, one can contact:
- Joint Director, Health Services of any District
- Director of Health Services, Assam, Hengrabari, Guwahati-781036
- Chief Registrar of Births & Deaths
- Director, Rural Development, Assam
- Addl. Chief Registrar of Births & Deaths
- Director, Municipal Administration Assam
- All the District Magistrates of the District
- Dist. Registrar of Births & Deaths
- Joint Director Of Health Services of the Districts
- Addl. Dist. Registrar of Births & Deaths
- Chief Executive Officer of Zila Parishad3
Final Words (Conclusion)
In this article, we have discussed the importance, process, documents, fees, timelines, and contact details of the Assam Birth Certificate. We hope that this information will help you to obtain your birth certificate easily and quickly. Assam Janam Praman Patra is not only a proof of identity and age, but also a key to access various benefits and services offered by the Indian Government. Therefore, it is essential to register your birth and get your certificate as soon as possible. If you have any queries or doubts regarding Assam Birth Certificate, feel free to contact the authorities mentioned above or visit the official website of the Assam Government. Thank you for reading this article and stay tuned for more updates on Assam Birth Certificate.