The Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme in Ladakh promotes social harmony and inclusivity by encouraging inter-caste marriages within the region. Under this scheme, eligible couples who enter into inter-caste marriages are entitled to receive incentives amounting to 2.5 lakh rupees. This financial support serves as a recognition of their commitment to breaking down caste barriers and fostering unity among diverse communities in Ladakh. By offering such incentives, the Ladakh government aims to create a more inclusive and harmonious society where love and compatibility are celebrated above all else, irrespective of caste or creed. This initiative not only provides financial assistance to the couples but also symbolises Ladakh’s dedication to promoting social equality and cultural diversity within its borders.
How to apply for an Inter Caste Marriage Scheme in Ladakh?
- To get this benefit, go to your local Social Welfare Department office.
- You can also check with your local panchayat office for information on how to apply for this incentive.
- Visit the office and talk to the person in charge to learn how to apply. You can either pick up an application form or write the required information on a plain A4 sheet as they advise.
- Get the application form.
- Fill out the application form and attach all the documents mentioned in the “Required Documents” section on the website. Then, submit it to the person in charge.
- The authorities will review your application and documents to see if you qualify for the scheme and if you’ve provided all the necessary documents. If everything checks out, they’ll accept your application.
- The authorities will record your application either manually or electronically and give you a reference number for future reference.
- Your application will then go through further processing.
- Your eligibility for this incentive will be determined based on the information in your application, local checks, and records.
- You’ll receive updates on your application status via SMS on your mobile phone.
- Department authorities will verify your application details on the ground and check the facts through local inquiries.
- Depending on the verification results, the department will send your application to the approval body with recommendations from the relevant local authorities.
- The approval body will review your case and decide whether to grant the incentive.
- You’ll receive an SMS or notification regarding the status of your application, whether it’s approved or rejected.
- If approved, the incentive will be deposited into the joint bank account of the couple in instalments, following government rules.
- Usually, there are no fees for this process.
- The entire process will be completed based on the department’s schedule and budget allocations.
Eligibility Criteria for Inter Caste Marriage Ladakh
– The couple must be Indian citizens.
– The applicant should be a permanent resident of the respective state.
Inter-Caste Marriage Criteria:
– A marriage is considered an inter-caste marriage if one spouse belongs to a scheduled caste and the other to a non-scheduled caste.
– The marriage must be valid as per the law and duly registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.
Eligibility for Application:
– Couples with a marriage registration certificate are eligible to apply.
– To apply for the scheme, the total income of the couple should be less than Rs 50 lakhs or the amount fixed by the respective government.
– Incentives will be provided only to those who apply within a year (in some states, it is 18 months) of marriage or as per the timeline fixed by the respective government.
Required Documents for Inter Caste Marriage Ladakh
Address Proof of the Couple:
– PAN Card
– Driving Licence
– Bank Passbook
– Electricity Bill
– Telephone Bill
Identity Proof of the Couple:
– Voter ID
– Aadhaar card
– Driving Licence
Other Required Documents:
– Inter caste marriage certificate
– Marriage certificate from gazetted officer (to ensure it is the first marriage)
– Certificates of age from authorised officers
– Certificate of educational qualification from authorised officers
– Caste certificate of the couple
– Income certificate
– Marriage photo
– Marriage registration certificate
– Ration card
– PAN card of the couple
– Voter ID
– Domicile or residence certificate
– An affidavit of the couple being legally married and in matrimonial alliance
– Bank account passbook
– Passport size photograph
– Combined photo of husband and wife
– Aadhaar card
Contact details for Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Ladakh
1.Department of Social & Tribal Welfare Union Territory of Ladakh,
Office of The Secretary Social Welfare Ladakh,
Civil Secretariat, Leh, Ladakh 194101.
2.department of Social Justice and Empowerment.
Room No. 253, A-Wing,
Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi- 110 001.
Email: pk singh72@nic in
Frequently asked Questions
- Question: Who is eligible to apply for the Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme in Ladakh?
Answer: Indian citizens residing in Ladakh who have entered into a valid inter-caste marriage, with at least one spouse belonging to a scheduled caste, are eligible to apply for this scheme.
- Question: How do I apply for incentives under this scheme?
Answer: To apply, you need to visit the designated government office and submit a completed application form along with the required documents, including your marriage certificate, residence proof, and income details.
- Question: What is the incentive amount provided to inter-caste couples in Ladakh?
Answer: Eligible inter-caste couples can receive financial incentives of up to 2.5 lakh rupees as a recognition of their commitment to promoting social harmony through their inter-caste marriage.
- Question: Is there a specific time frame for applying after inter-caste marriage in Ladakh?
Answer: Yes, it’s important to apply within a year of your inter-caste marriage to be eligible for the incentives. In some cases, this timeframe may be extended to 18 months as per government regulations.
- Question: Are there any conditions or obligations associated with receiving incentives under the Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme?
Answer: Generally, there are no major obligations, but it’s essential to ensure that your marriage is valid as per the law and registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. Additionally, your combined income should be within the prescribed limit set by the government to qualify for the incentives.