The Karnataka ST Inter Caste Marriage Assistance Scheme is a commendable initiative taken by the Government of Karnataka to promote social equality and encourage inter-caste marriages among Scheduled Tribes (ST) in the state. This scheme aims to provide financial assistance to couples belonging to different castes within the ST community who decide to tie the knot. The scheme recognizes the social barriers that exist within our society and seeks to bridge the divide by providing a supportive platform for inter-caste couples. Under this scheme, eligible couples can receive financial aid to cover the expenses of their marriage, including wedding ceremonies, legal procedures, and other associated costs. This not only promotes unity and harmony among different castes within the ST community but also helps to break down societal norms and prejudices. The scheme is a significant step towards building an inclusive and egalitarian society in Karnataka, where every individual has an equal opportunity to choose their life partner regardless of caste barriers. It not only empowers inter-caste couples but also sends a powerful message of acceptance and equality to the entire society.
- 1 What is Karnataka ST Inter Caste Marriage Assistance Scheme?
- 1.1 Why is the Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme Important?
- 1.2 Karnataka ST Inter Caste Marriage Assistance Scheme: An Overview
- 1.3 Benefits & Features of Karnataka ST Inter Caste Marriage Assistance Scheme
- 1.4 Eligibility Criteria for Karnataka ST Inter Caste Marriage Assistance Scheme
- 1.5 Required Documents for Karnataka ST Inter Caste Marriage Assistance Scheme
- 1.6 How to Apply for Karnataka ST Inter Caste Marriage Assistance Scheme
- 1.7 Links to Apply for Information Related Karnataka ST Inter Caste Marriage Assistance Scheme
- 1.8 Contact Details for Karnataka ST Inter Caste Marriage Assistance Scheme
- 1.9 email@example.com.
What is Karnataka ST Inter Caste Marriage Assistance Scheme?
The Karnataka ST Inter Caste Marriage Assistance Scheme is a government initiative aimed at promoting inter-caste marriages and social integration among Scheduled Tribes (ST) in the state of Karnataka, India. The scheme provides financial assistance to eligible couples who belong to different castes within the ST community and wish to get married. This initiative aims to overcome social prejudices and barriers that often discourage or prevent inter-caste marriages. Under the scheme, a one-time grant is provided to the couple as financial assistance to support their wedding expenses. This assistance helps alleviate the financial burden that inter-caste couples may face due to societal pressures and limited resources. By encouraging inter-caste marriages, the government hopes to foster a more inclusive and harmonious society where caste divisions are gradually diminished. The Karnataka ST Inter Caste Marriage Assistance Scheme serves as a progressive step towards promoting equality and social harmony among marginalised communities in the state.
Why is the Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme Important?
The Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme holds immense significance in promoting social harmony and equality in society. In many parts of the world, including India, caste-based discrimination has been deeply entrenched for centuries. This scheme aims to encourage and support inter-caste marriages by providing financial incentives and benefits to couples who choose to marry outside their caste. By doing so, it challenges the rigid social norms and prejudices associated with caste and works towards breaking down the barriers that have long divided communities. The scheme recognizes that love and companionship should not be restricted by societal divisions and seeks to empower individuals to make choices based on their personal preferences rather than societal expectations. Furthermore, inter-caste marriages promote cultural exchange, fostering a sense of integration and understanding among different castes and communities. Ultimately, the Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme plays a crucial role in fostering social cohesion, reducing caste-based discrimination, and building a more inclusive and equitable society for all.
Karnataka ST Inter Caste Marriage Assistance Scheme: An Overview
Karnataka ST Inter Caste Marriage Assistance Scheme
Rs. 2,50,000/- will be given to Men.
Rs. 3,00,000/- will be given to Women.
Schedule Tribe Inter Caste Married Couples of Karnataka.
Department of Scheduled Tribe Welfare
Encouraging inter-caste marriages and removing the wrong mentality spread in the society
Benefits & Features of Karnataka ST Inter Caste Marriage Assistance Scheme
- The Karnataka Government’s primary welfare scheme aimed at addressing caste-based discrimination is the Karnataka Schedule Tribe Inter Caste Marriage Assistance Scheme.
- Launched in 2016, this scheme aims to promote equality among individuals in Karnataka by eradicating caste discrimination within society.
- The nodal department responsible for the implementation of this scheme is the Department of Scheduled Tribe Welfare under the Karnataka Government.
- Under the Karnataka Schedule Tribe Inter Caste Couple Marriage Assistance Scheme, the government offers financial aid of Rs. 2,50,000/- to the groom and Rs. 3,00,000/- to the bride as an incentive for their marriage.
- To qualify for this Inter Caste Marriage Assistance Scheme, it is necessary for one member of the couple, either the bride or groom, to belong to the Scheduled Tribe category.
- The financial assistance provided under this scheme is exclusively for Scheduled Tribe residents of Karnataka who choose to marry a non-Scheduled Tribe Hindu individual.
- To be eligible for this assistance, the combined annual family income of the married couple should not exceed Rs. 5,00,000/-.
- Couples who got married after 07-02-2019 are eligible to apply for financial assistance under the Karnataka ST Inter Caste Couple Marriage Assistance Scheme.
- In the event that either the Bride or the Bride Groom from Karnataka belongs to the Schedule Tribe Category, Married Couples will be eligible for the following financial support:
Men will receive Rs. 2,50,000/-
Women will receive Rs. 3,00,000/-.
Eligibility Criteria for Karnataka ST Inter Caste Marriage Assistance Scheme
- In order to qualify for permanent residency in Karnataka, at least one of the individuals getting married must belong to the Schedule Tribe category.
- The marriage must take place on or after 07-02-2019.
- The total annual family income should not exceed Rs. 5,00,000/- per year.
- The application for permanent residency should be submitted within 1.5 years of the marriage ceremony.
Required Documents for Karnataka ST Inter Caste Marriage Assistance Scheme
- Proof of residence or domicile in Karnataka.
- Aadhar Cards of both the bride and groom.
- Certificate of caste.
- Certification of income.
- Details regarding the bank account.
- Photographs of the wedding.
- Certificate of marriage.
- Contact phone number.
How to Apply for Karnataka ST Inter Caste Marriage Assistance Scheme
- To apply for financial assistance under the Karnataka ST Inter Caste Couple Marriage Assistance Scheme, a married couple can complete an Online Application Form.
- The couple must register by providing the Aadhar Number of the bride and bridegroom.
- In the Application Form, the couple needs to provide personal details, contact details, marriage details, and bank account details of both the bride and bridegroom.
- All the necessary documents should be uploaded in pdf format on the portal.
- After previewing the Application Form, submit it.
- Print the Acknowledgement Receipt and keep it securely for future reference.
- The District Tribal Welfare Officer will verify the Application Form and all the submitted documents.
- Once the verification is complete, the financial assistance under the Karnataka ST Inter Caste Couple Marriage Assistance Scheme will be transferred to the couple’s designated bank account.
Links to Apply for Information Related Karnataka ST Inter Caste Marriage Assistance Scheme
Contact Details for Karnataka ST Inter Caste Marriage Assistance Scheme
- Karnataka ST Inter Caste Couple Marriage Assistance Scheme Helpline Number :- 080-22261789.
- Karnataka ST Inter Caste Couple Marriage Assistance Scheme Helpdesk Email :-
FAQs Karnataka ST Inter Caste Marriage Assistance Scheme
1.What is the aim behind the Dr Ambedkar Scheme?
The Dr Ambedkar Scheme for Social Integration through Inter-Caste Marriages aims to promote equality among different castes. By implementing this scheme, the central government intends to eradicate caste-based discrimination and establish equal opportunities for all castes.
2.Can you explain the provision regarding inter-caste marriages?
According to Section 29 of the HMA 1955, a marriage between Hindus that took place prior to the enactment of this law is considered valid, regardless of whether the parties belonged to the same gotra or , or belonged to different ones.
3.What is the marriage initiative in Karnataka?
The Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Yojana 2022, supported by the Government of Karnataka, aims to provide financial assistance to couples belonging to weaker sections. Under this scheme, eligible married couples will receive a monetary aid of Rs 55,000 from the government.
4.What are the drawbacks of inter-caste marriages?
Typically, individuals face opposition from their families and lack parental support in such cases. This leads to strained relationships and adds stress to their lives.