The Inter Caste Marriage Scheme in Nagaland stands as a testament to the government’s commitment to fostering social harmony and inclusivity within the state. Designed to encourage and support inter-caste marriages, this initiative offers a significant incentive to eligible couples who bridge societal divides. By providing financial assistance of Rs. 2.5 lakhs per marriage, with a substantial portion directly credited to the couple’s joint account, the scheme aims to facilitate a smooth transition into married life. However, it is essential to note that this incentive is reserved exclusively for the first marriage, and stringent measures are in place to ensure the program’s integrity. To further elucidate the application process and eligibility criteria, let’s delve into the details of this groundbreaking initiative.
How to apply for Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Nagaland
- Visit the Social Welfare Department office in your area.
- Inquire at the local panchayat office for the incentive application process.
- On the provided page, click “ABOUT NAGALAND” > “DISTRICTS.”
- Choose the appropriate district and click “Visit Website.”
- On the district portal, find “Cont. Us” or similar menu for contact details.
- Use the excel sheet hyperlink for Panchayat contact details.
- Consult with the designated authority at the respective office to understand the application procedure.
- Collect the application form or write the required information on an A4 sheet.
- Refer to page number 4 for the application form link.
- Complete the application form and attach the necessary documents mentioned in the “Required Documents” section.
- Submit the application to the designated authority.
- Authorities will review your application and documents for eligibility.
- If eligible, your application will be accepted, and you’ll receive a record number.
- The application will be processed further.
- Incentive approval is based on application details, local inquiry, and records.
- You’ll receive SMS updates on your application status.
- Ground level verification and local inquiry will be conducted.
- Based on verification results, the department will forward the proposal to the sanctioning body with recommendations.
- The sanctioning body will evaluate and decide on the incentive.
- You’ll be informed of the status (approval or rejection) via SMS or applicable norms.
- If approved, the incentive will be credited in instalments to the joint account of the couple as per government norms.
- Typically, no fees are charged for this procedure.
- The timeline aligns with the department’s schedule and budget allotment.
Eligibility Criteria for Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Nagaland
- The couple must be Indian citizens.
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of the respective state.
- An inter-caste marriage is defined as one in which one spouse belongs to a scheduled caste and the other belongs to a non-scheduled caste.
- The marriage should be legally valid and registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.
- Couples with a valid marriage registration certificate are eligible to apply.
- To qualify for this scheme, the total income of the couple should be less than Rs. 5.0 lakhs or the amount specified by the respective government.
- Incentives will only be provided to couples who apply within one year (or 18 months in some states) of their marriage, or as per the timeline established by the respective state.
Required documents for Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Nagaland
– PAN Card
– Driving Licence
– Bank Passbook
– Electricity Bill
– Telephone Bill
– Voter ID
– Aadhaar Card
– Driving Licence
– Inter Caste Marriage Certificate
– Marriage Certificate from Gazetted Officer (to confirm it’s the first marriage)
– Certificates of Age from Authorised Officers
– Certificate of Educational Qualification from Authorised Officers
– Caste Certificate of the Couple
– Income Certificate
– Marriage Photo
– Marriage Registration Certificate
– Ration Card
– PAN Card of the Couple
– Voter ID
– Domicile or Residence Certificate
– Affidavit of the Couple’s Legal Marriage and Matrimonial Alliance
– Bank Account Passbook
– Passport-Size Photograph
– Combined Photo of Husband and Wife
– Aadhaar Card
Contacts details for Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Nagaland
1.The Directorate of Social Welfare
Near Raj Bhavan,
Pin code: – 797001
Phone: – 0370-2245762
Fax: – 0370-2245761
2.Department of Social Justice and Empowerment.
Room No. 253, A-Wing,
Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi – 110 001.
Frequently asked Questions
Q1: What is the Inter Caste Marriage Scheme in Nagaland?
A1: The Inter Caste Marriage Scheme in Nagaland is a government initiative aimed at promoting inter-caste marriages by providing financial incentives to eligible couples.
Q2: Who is eligible for this scheme?
A2: Eligibility criteria typically include Indian citizenship, permanent residency in Nagaland, a valid inter-caste marriage, and specific income limits. Couples must apply within a designated time frame after marriage.
Q3: How much financial assistance does the scheme provide?
A3: The scheme offers an incentive of Rs. 2.50 lakhs (or an amount as per state norms) per marriage. Rs. 1.50 lakhs is released directly to the couple’s joint account, and the remaining amount is kept in a fixed deposit for three years.
Q4: Can couples with prior marriages apply for this scheme?
A4: No, this incentive is applicable for the first marriage only.
Q5: What happens if false information or fake documents are submitted during the application process?
A5: Submitting false information or fake documents can lead to penalties and disqualification from the scheme. The government takes such matters seriously and may initiate disciplinary action against the concerned individuals.
Q6: Are incomplete applications accepted?
A6: No, incomplete applications are typically rejected. It’s essential to provide all required documents and accurate information to qualify for the scheme.
Q7: How can I apply for the Inter Caste Marriage Scheme in Nagaland?
A7: To apply, visit the local Social Welfare Department or panchayat office for guidance on the application process. Ensure you have all necessary documents and complete the application accurately.
Q8: Is there a time limit for applying after marriage?
A8: Yes, couples must apply within a specified timeframe after marriage, typically within one year (or 18 months in some states) or as per the timeline set by the respective state government.
Q9: Can I check the status of my application online?
A9: Yes, many states provide SMS-based updates on application status. You can also inquire at the local office where you submitted your application.
Q10: How does the scheme contribute to social harmony in Nagaland?
A10: The scheme promotes social integration by encouraging inter-caste marriages, breaking down caste barriers, and fostering a more inclusive and harmonious society in Nagaland.